Nowadays, WiFi extender has become the crucial part of wireless networks. WiFi extender is a very useful device that boosts the signal strength and provides longer distance connectivity to wireless networks.
If you have recently purchased a Netgear range extender and want to configure it, then this post is only for you. Here, in this post we will discuss how to setup Netgear wifi extender.
Netgear wifi extender is a very compatible device which can be easily connected with the help of a cable. For best performance, you must place the extender near to the router. For more help and set up related issues, you can visit www.mywifiext.net page. The setup process is same for almost all models of Netgear.
Below are the steps to configure the Range extender. Read all the steps very carefully before performing them on your computer or laptop.
- Connect your wifi range extender to the power supply with the help of an adapter.
- Now, switch on your computer or laptop and search for the wireless icon in the taskbar.
- You will find your new device with the new network name like Netgear.ext, Netgear etc.
- Click on the netgear extender name and try connecting to it. Once connected, open main browser from your computer or laptop.
- Now open the Netgear extender setup link by entering the URL in your web browser.
- Click on ‘Setup new extender’. You will be redirected to the registration page where you need to enter some details like email address and password. After this, your account will be created.
- After that, select the type of usage for your extender and press next.
- Now, your range extender will start searching for the internet. You need to select your router SSID. Click ‘Next’ to process further.
- Enter the password of your network.
- Once connected, you can change the name of your range extender and pass-key for the same. Apply the changed settings by clicking on ‘Save’ option.
- Now, the settings will get configured. You need to restart all the devices and place the router in the open location. This will improve the signal strength and quality.
If you are still getting any issue, then first reset your extender and then try again. If the problem still persists, then call your range extender manufacturer for manual setup.