Black mold is a dangerous fungus that can harm your home and your health. Since it is often difficult to pinpoint a specific type of fungus, it is best to treat all contaminated areas carefully and safely. Here is some of the most important information to arm yourself with when it comes to eliminating mold and your health. You can also take help from the black mold removal specialists via servicemasterbywise.com/residential/mold/mold-damage/.
Black fungus is a type of fungus Stachybotrys and is also known as Stachybotrys atra. It is characterized by greenish or yellow black spots and grows in dark and damp places. This is a dangerous type of mushroom that can have many negative health consequences.
Image Source: Google
It is important to identify and eliminate this type of fungus as soon as possible as it can seriously affect the health of the occupants of an infected household. People who come into contact with this fungus can experience many side effects such as infections, allergies and, in severe cases, even organ failure.
Before trying to get rid of black mold, you should find all the areas where it has spread. The tricky thing about this is that mold always grows in dark, damp places that are quite difficult to access. Therefore, you should be on the lookout for signs that indicate mold growth.
Mold has a detectable mildew odour, so don't ignore such odours in your home. Also, areas with mold growth often have greenish-yellow spots, so don't ignore such discolouration around the house. Keep in mind that mold grows in damp, dark places, so some of the most common areas for growth are bathrooms, basements, and ventilation.