ADA sinks are designed to American Disability Act (ADA) standards. It is specially designed for wheelchair users to ensure they have access to hot and cold water wherever they need it.
The ADA calls for the design and manufacture of products that give persons with disabilities equal access to all public goods and services. You can also check for the best ADA-compliant sink through the web.
Image Source: Google
The sink is a major part of kitchens, bathrooms, public toilets, salons, hospitals, nursing homes, hair salons, and health centers.
The height, width, materials, and components of different types of sinks should be determined taking into account the needs of persons with disabilities. The ADA portable sink is ideal for people with and without physical disabilities.
Features of the sink ADA
1. Hot and cold water taps should be designed so that the water can be turned on and off easily.
2. The size and height of this sink must be such that wheelchair users can use it.
3. The depth of the kitchen sink should be such that a person using a wheelchair can perform the necessary tasks.
4. The hot water pipe in the sink must be insulated to avoid burns of any kind.
5. Drains should be kept at the back to allow knee room.
The ADA portable sink is the ideal hand washing solution for people with disabilities. It is specially designed for wheelchair users to ensure they have access to hot and cold water wherever they need it.